Our firm has achieved significant growth and has been named as a “Best Firm to Work For” every year since 2007 by Consulting Magazine. Our Professional Staffing Practice has been recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing talent acquisition firms since 2011. We work with clients to fill Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire opportunities within Management Consulting, IT, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing areas. We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm that takes pride in our people, culture, clients and work-life balance.
Network & Security Solutions Engineer
The Network & Security Solutions Engineer bridges the gap between Application Development teams, Enterprise Architecture, and Infrastructure Engineers.
The successful candidate will assist in the development of requirements, participate in and inform the design process, and transform high level designs and requirements into low level infrastructure specific requests, including firewall policy and network configuration requests.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of progressive network and security engineering experience, including hands-on experience performing day-to-day firewall and network device administration and support. It also requires 3 years of experience in a design and consulting role.
This position requires a keen customer-first focus, lean-in attitude, and an outstanding sense of ownership to drive projects to completion and ensure that the requirements of your customers are being met. Key to your success will be the application of interpersonal skills and ability to foster and grow business relationships.
• Cultivation of systems infrastructure requirements through systematic processes of customer engagement, including use case analysis and solicitation of needs and intent.
• Partnering with Enterprise Architecture to map application designs to develop infrastructure specific designs and configuration change requests.
• Engineering and configuration support for firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco ASA) • Engineering and configuration support for network router and switches (Cisco) • Provide engineering guidance and process ownership for VPN technologies, including user remote access and business to business connectivity.
• Consulting and recommending solutions across all aspects of infrastructure, including network, security, compute, and storage.
• Compose and write detailed design documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Embody the Alaska Spirit, and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or other directly related IT field preferred • Industry Certifications: CCNP Route/Switch or Security preferred. CCDP preferred.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience managing firewalls with strong preference for Fortinet experience • 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise environment required • Demonstrate understanding of IP protocols at all layers of the OSI and IP Standards • Strong documentation and presentation skills (Visio, Powerpoint) • Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills preferred • High school diploma or equivalent required • Must be 18 years of age • Must be authorized to work in the U.S
North Highland is a global consulting firm with a proven record of enabling great returns on our clients’ investment. Our high-caliber consultants offer deep experience and expertise across many diverse industries and service areas. We specialize in solving tough business challenges, being easy to work with, and nurturing long-standing relationships with the most recognizable brands in the world. Ask any of our clients, and they’ll tell you.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.