Our firm has achieved significant growth and is regularly recognized as a Best Place to Work both nationally and locally in our communities. We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm that takes pride in our people, culture, clients and work-life balance.
IT Project Manager
This position will provide hands-on Project Manager Leadership of the Field Sales Compensation work stream. The Project Manager provides project direction and assigns tasks to associates. The Project Manager efficiently applies knowledge and expertise to identify and deploy solutions. This role will drive the delivery of the US Sales Compensation solution leveraging Callidus in the Cloud along with supporting technology.
This position interfaces with various levels of management to negotiate project priorities and outcomes. The Project Manager will negotiate to resolve customer issues by seeking win-win solutions that add value to the customer. The Project Manager knows the business and/or seeks information about the underlying needs of the business.
• Manages the overall project lifecycle
• Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners/sponsors, internal and external partners and project team members in order to set expectations, build consensus around project
objectives, help coordinate work between different teams and locations, and to sustain their ongoing commitment and buy-in
• Creates and maintains project plans, establishes time and cost estimates, and ensures projects are deployed within expectations for, schedule, quality, and cost
• Provides direction to matrix project teams by determining and communicating skill requirements, assigning tasks, measuring and addressing performance, and managing resource utilization
• Partners with Business Lead to coordinate communication plans for project across all stakeholders, both within IT and with the customer
• Monitors project progress and maintains regular status communications with appropriate stakeholders
• Manages expectations on project delivery through regular assessment of project progress and timely communication of impact to stakeholders
• Ensure test and training plans and documentation are adequate, successfully executed and adhere to program standards
• Actively identify, escalate and manage resolution of project issues. Determine root causes, facilitate discovery and negotiation of practical solutions, implement and gain acceptance of recommend changes.
• Manage phase transitions and go-live approvals, including requirement acceptance and project transition and close.
• Identifies and manages project risk
• Meet with business partners to understand and interpret needs and priorities and translating business concepts into high level requirements
• 10 years of experience in an IT environment with experience leading and implementing IT projects
• 5+ years of experience and knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools.
• Ability to manage project issues, conflicts, risks and deliver projects within budget and scope
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and Microsoft Project
• Demonstrated success leading and delivering projects with budgets in excess of $400K
• Demonstrated success leading project teams with 5+ members in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated success leading multiple simultaneous projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Able to utilize project management experience to act as the team’s primary interface between IT and the business sectors
• Ability to lead without positional authority
• Self motivated
• Project Management Certifications (PMP, LSS Black Belt or related)
• Comfortable with learning new things and effectively managing competing and ambiguous priorities
• High attention to detail
North Highland is a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital, and transformation. We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide (www.cordenceworldwide.com), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.